Dummer Recreation Ground Trust was established in July 1955 and the recreation ground was conveyed to Dummer with Kempshott Parish Council. The Kempshott ward was subsequently deparished and became part of Basingstoke. Dummer Parish Council continues to hold the property on behalf of the Trust (Dummer Recreation Ground - Charity number: 301803).
Parish Councillors are the trustees of the Dummer Recreation Ground Charity. The Recreation Ground grass is maintained by grants from BDBC and the tennis courts by donations by residents.
The Recreation Ground includes a play are for young children, a football area with goals and two hard tennis courts.
In October 2019 The Parish Council installed a new play area. This was paid for using Parish Council funds and a LIF grant from Basingstoke and Dene Borough Council